Serving 770 students in PK3 through 12, Episcopal Collegiate School encourages the development of students as scholars, athletes, and artists and is committed to intellectual, cultural, racial, and economic diversity. Episcopal Collegiate School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes employees of any race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin.
Compensation and Benefits
Episcopal Collegiate offers competitive salaries, generous leave benefits, health insurance paid for the employee, and a retirement plan. Episcopal Collegiate makes other voluntary programs and benefits available to full-time employees, but does not make contributions or payments related to these programs and benefits, other than noted administrative expenses. Some of these programs and benefits include supplemental pre-tax insurance policies, such as dental, life, short-term disability, cancer, accident, heart attack, as well as flexible spending accounts for unreimbursed medical expenses and dependent childcare expenses. In addition, Episcopal Collegiate provides limited funding for continuing education for faculty and staff to attend workshops, conferences, and other programs that promote professional growth.
Candidates for any full-time faculty position should be experienced teachers with a demonstrated record of success working with and inspiring young people. An understanding of differentiated learning instructional techniques, vertical team experience, and comfort with full integration of technology in the classroom are critical. A Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate field of study is required; a Master's Degree and three or more years teaching experience in independent schools are preferred. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and background.
The Episcopal Collegiate School is seeking a qualified, energetic individual for the position of Administrative Assistant.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge and experience in various office automation tools (Outlook, MS Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with database entry, queries, and report generation
- Experience in a school environment helpful but not required.
- Receive, screen and route telephone calls
- Perform a variety of clerical and secretarial duties; assist in assuring efficient office operations
- Schedule and arrange appointments and conferences.
- Greet visitors, assuring they sign in and receive a visitor badge, and direct them to the appropriate campus location
- Assist with typing and proofreading materials such as handbooks, forms and newsletters.
- Log student late arrivals/early dismissals.
- Compile and distribute via email each morning a brief daily announcement summary for teachers to review with students.
- Generate reports from the school’s integrated database
- Distribute the mail daily
- Coordinate and communicate with the School’s Business Office on various matters.
- Make flight and hotel reservations for teachers going to conferences.
- Schedule parent conferences with teachers in the fall and spring
- Order supplies for administrative office and for classrooms as needed
- Under supervision of school nurse, administer student medications and first aid
- Maintain a record of teacher absences
- Arrange for substitute personnel; check in and log substitute personnel and provide them with school information; maintain timesheets; assure proper coverage of absent employees and maintain related log and reports.
- File and maintain permanent and daily student records, including test scores, progress reports, and applications.
- Schedule facilities / conference room use.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits
Episcopal Collegiate School seeks an Upper School mathematics teacher with an undergraduate and/or advanced degree in mathematics or a related field. Primary responsibilities will include teaching five sections of Upper School mathematics. The ideal candidate will guide an active classroom, have an interest in or experience teaching AP Calculus (AB/BC), Statistics, or Economics and delight in working with Upper School students.
Additional responsibilities will include serving as an advisor, leading co-curricular activities, leading class trips, and supporting special events throughout the year. Special consideration will be given to applicants with prior independent school teaching experience and/or the ability and willingness to coach a sport.
Full-Time Spanish Teacher
Episcopal Collegiate School, a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, has an opening for a full-time Lower School Spanish Instructor for the 2016-17 school year.
An ideal candidate will be an experienced and skilled Spanish teacher who possesses a native or near-native fluency in Spanish who is familiar with the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines. He or she will have experience with technology integration, familiarity with TPR(S) and student-centered learning, commitment to collaborating with colleagues, and flexibility to teach multiple grade levels are also preferred. Graduate training in second-language acquisition and teaching methodologies is a plus.
Episcopal Collegiate School is an independent college preparatory school, grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12, rooted in the Episcopal tradition and affirming people of all faiths. The School seeks superior academic achievement and strives to develop in its students respect for all persons, reverence of God, and a sense of moral responsibility. The School is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence and joy in learning in a nurturing community that prepares our students to live principled and fulfilling lives of leadership and service to others.
Interested candidates should send résumés to Cole Lester at email@example.com.
Wildcat Club After-School Teachers
We are seeking energetic and dedicated part-time teachers for our Lower School's Wildcat Club after-school program. The program enrolls Pre-K through 5th grade students Monday through Friday throughout the school year. The teachers ensure that the program is making the best of the students' afterschool time and will help to plan and guide the educational and fun activities for the children on a regular basis. The hours are 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. This position is ideal for education majors in college or recent college graduates.
Applying for a Position
For teaching positions:
A current resume
A cover letter summarizing your reasons for wanting to teach at Episcopal Collegiate School
College, and (if applicable) post graduate school transcripts
For administrative positions:
Applicants should forward application and requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Episcopal Collegiate School
Jackson T. Stephens Campus
1701 Cantrell Rd.
Little Rock, AR 72201