Work at Episcopal
Joining the staff of Episcopal Collegiate School means joining a unique community of people devoted to a mission much larger than themselves – that of developing students and preparing them for college and life.
Our work at Episcopal Collegiate School is demanding, exhilarating, and deeply rewarding. From the classroom teacher, to the receptionist answering the telephones, to “Chuck” at the guard house - every person on the staff of Episcopal Collegiate School works hard to foster and protect the supportive, collegial, and genuinely caring work culture that is a hallmark of this special school. Just as we teach and require of our students, every Episcopal Collegiate employee is expected to embrace our Episcopal Identity and model the School’s core values of Respect, Reverence, and Responsibility.
If you are hard-working, committed to excellence, and believe that our community might be a good fit for you, please consider the openings listed here. Episcopal Collegiate School is committed to a diverse workforce, and welcomes employees of any race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin.
Episcopal Collegiate School has an ongoing need for substitute teachers to fill in when the regular teacher is unable to attend. Subject matter and age groups will vary. In most cases, the regular teacher will have provided lesson plans or other instructions for the class.
ASSOCIATE TEACHER - EARLY CHILDHOOD
Episcopal Collegiate School currently has an associate position available in our Early Childhood division. Associate Teachers interact with the Lead Teacher and students on a daily basis. They are part of a dynamic team approach to early childhood education and assist in the implementation of an engaging curriculum in innovative, exciting classroom settings. Each Associate Teacher reports to their Lead Teacher and the Head of Lower School.
An ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of child development and experience with children
- Ability to meet physical demands of working with young children
- Flexibility and a desire to work in partnership with a teaching team and a grade level
- Uses time effectively and productively
This is a great opportunity for educators who want to teach in a community that focuses on the whole child and values best practices and the highest standards of teaching excellence. Familiarity with standard concepts, practice, and procedures for the early childhood age groups is preferred. The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree and a current teaching license. Candidates interested in this position should fill out an application online, and may send a cover letter and resume to Cole Lester, Head of Lower School (email@example.com).
WILDCAT CLUB AFTER-SCHOOL TEACHERS
We are seeking energetic and dedicated part-time teachers for our Lower School's Wildcat Club after-school program. The program enrolls Pre-K through 5th grade students Monday through Friday throughout the school year. The teachers ensure that the program is making the best of the students' after-school time and will help to plan and guide the educational and fun activities for the children on a regular basis. The hours are 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. This position is ideal for education majors in college or recent college graduates.
Episcopal Collegiate School has an opening for an Athletic Trainer. This position is responsible for providing excellent athletic training services to all 7th – 12th student-athletes. As well as to all Episcopal Collegiate School students, and Episcopal Collegiate School faculty and staff when required.
Primary Athletic Trainer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide athletic training services for practices and events both home and away for assigned sports
- Coordinate with an additional Athletic Trainer
- Develop, nurture and maintain professional relationships with student-athletes, parents, coaches, other faculty and staff, team physicians, and other allied health care professionals
- Order and monitor athletic training room supplies
- Maintain the athletic training room and other facilities occupied and maintained by the athletic trainers
- Maintain the documentation and security of all medical records and athletic participation forms
- Perform all administration duties required
- Maintain confidentiality of athlete injury information
- Must be able to communicate effectively with student-athletes, parents, coaches, administration, faculty and staff, and other allied health care professionals
- Preform other duties as required by the department
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate from an accredited school with at least a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Current NATA certification or will be certified within 1 year of graduation
- Current Health Provider CPR certification
- Arkansas license
- Must be able to travel to overnight athletic events when required
Episcopal Collegiate offers competitive salaries, generous leave benefits, health insurance, and a 403b retirement plan. Episcopal Collegiate makes other voluntary programs and benefits available to full-time employees, but does not make contributions or payments related to these programs and benefits, other than noted administrative expenses. Some of these programs and benefits include supplemental pre-tax insurance policies, such as dental, life, short-term disability, cancer, accident, heart attack, as well as flexible spending accounts for unreimbursed medical expenses and dependent childcare expenses. In addition, Episcopal Collegiate provides funding for continuing education for faculty and staff to advanced degrees, attend workshops, conferences, and other programs that promote professional growth.
Episcopal Collegiate does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, or national origin in administration of its educational programs, admission and financial aid policies, employment practices, athletic or other school-administered programs.
Applying for a Position
For teaching and administrative faculty
- A current CV or résumé
- A cover letter summarizing your interest in teaching at Episcopal Collegiate School
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (where applicable)
For support staff positions
- A current CV or résumé
- A cover letter summarizing the specific skills you possess and the personal and professional goals you would bring to Episcopal Collegiate School.
- Copy/ies of certificates, diplomas, or degrees (where applicable)
Applicants should forward application and requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org