Early learning is about exposure to language, asking questions, exploring the world, making choices, making connections, solving problems, and learning to share. We start each day with devotion, talking about stories and questions from the Bible with our classmates. Students have fun while at the same time building strong character and moral sense.
Early Childhood students create projects based on their own ideas. What should we do and how should we do it? Using their hands and their minds, they employ all their senses as they discover the world around them. Our goal is to instill a love of learning for a lifetime.
Episcopal Collegiate has the only Kindergarten program in Little Rock that is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We are one of only two NAEYC-accredited preschools in the city.
Benefits of enrolling in Pre-Kindergarten at Episcopal include:
- Accredited by National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- All lead teachers hold a Master’s degree in early childhood education and are certified educators
- Curriculum is planned vertically to insure that students are well prepared for Kindergarten
- Resources include a licensed speech and language pathologist, a dedicated reading and math specialist, school counselor, nurse, and monthly parent education opportunities with counselor
- Varied enrollment options: All day from 7am-6pm, MWF full days, M-F mornings
- Aftercare enrichment opportunities such as dance, taekwondo, art classes, etc.