Back to School Resources
Beginning May 28, 2019, through August 3, Episcopal Collegiate School administrative and business offices will observe the following schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. noon. Regular school hours of 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. will resume on Monday, August 2, 2019. Have a great summer and we look forward to welcoming you back!
- First Day
- Health Services
- Uniforms & Dress Code
- Used Uniforms
- Carpool & Transportation
- After Care
- Wildcat Warehouse
- Community Handbook
- Contact Us
- K-5: Monday, August 12, 2019, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m., Erwin Hall
- PK3-PK4: Friday, August 16, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Hussman Dining Hall
August 12, 2019
- New 7/8th Grade Student Orientation, 12:00-3:00 p.m., MS Erwin Library
- New 7/8 Grade Parent Orientation, 12:00-2:00 p.m., MS Erwin Library
- 7/8th Grade Locker Setup Social, 3:00-3:30 p.m., Grade-Level Locker Bays
August 13, 2019
- All 6th Grade Student Orientation, 9:00 am - 1:00 p.m. Parents please drop off students at the Middle School entrance between 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- 6th Grade Parent Orientation, 11:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., US Room 215
- 6th Grade Locker Setup Social, 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Important First Day of Middle School Information
On the first day of school, Middle School students should report to their advisory by 8:00 a.m.
- 9th Grade Trip, August 9-12
- 9th – 10th Grade New Student Orientation: Monday, August 12, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., US Simpson Library
Important First Day of Upper School Information
On the first day, seniors will meet in the Upper School Commons for breakfast with their parents from 7:30-8:30. At 8:30, seniors will report to their advisory. All other Upper School students should report to their advisory by 8:05 a.m.
According to Arkansas State Law, no private school student of this state shall be admitted to school who is not age-appropriately immunized or has submitted current appropriate exemption paperwork. Additional immunization requirements for school admittance besides the normal mandated pre-school aged immunizations are listed below. Your physician will be familiar with these requirements.
- Entering PK students must have 2 Hepatitis A vaccines.
- Students who are turning or have turned 11 years of age as of September 1st of each year are required to get a Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine on or after the 11th birthday. Students need to be 11 years old to get this vaccine.
- All students entering the 7th grade are required to receive a meningococcal vaccine. Most students get this vaccine when they get their Tdap at age 11.
- Upper School students who have turned or will turn 16 years of age as of September 1st of each year are required to get a 2nd meningococcal vaccine. You must be 16 to get this vaccine.
Please take care of these vaccinations before school starts in August and please ask the doctor’s office to update the Web-IZ. If the doctor’s office does not enter data into the Web-IZ, please bring a copy to any school division office in an envelope addressed to Nurse Hopkins.
All dress uniforms and daily wear clothing must be purchased through The Toggery or the school’s used uniform inventory. Follow the links below to review the dress code guidelines.
The Toggery will be offering a June promotion and a pop-up shop on Wednesday, July 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The pop-up shop will be held in the MS/US Dining Hall.
1. 10% off all uniform purchases in-store and online during the month of June.
2. During the Episcopal pop-up shop special - Buy 3 polos, get one FREE!
In conjunction with the pop-up shop, we will open the Wildcat Warehouse, where you can buy uniform approved outerwear as well as non-uniform spirit items. Used uniforms will also be for sale at that time inside the Wrestling Room just off of the Championship Gym.
Reminders will be sent out closer to the day. We hope to see you there!
Carpool information will be discussed during your child’s orientation and can also be found in the Episcopal Community Handbook under Transportation Policies.
All automobiles transporting students must be registered and display an Episcopal Collegiate automobile sticker. Other vehicles should receive a visitor’s pass. The school reserves the right to limit student automobiles for reasons of parking space and safety. Licensed students are permitted to drive automobiles and motorcycles to school. To have the privilege of driving any motorized vehicle, the student must complete a registration form provided by the school and receive a parking permit. Please refer to the Upper School handbook for more information regarding student vehicle parking and carpool information.
Episcopal Collegiate School's dining program is managed by SAGE Dining Services. Participation in the program for the 2019-2020 school year is optional. Students will be enrolled in the program by default and families must notify the school if they elect for a student not to participate.A student may opt out of the program by providing written or email notification to Angela Deloney in the business office firstname.lastname@example.org
Students not participating in the program should bring a lunch each day. Those meals are required to adhere to the following set of expectations:
- Parents are asked to provide well-balanced and nutritious lunches.
- Meals must be brought in a lunch box /sack lunch format.
- No glass containers or metal knives are allowed in lunch sacks or lunch boxes.
- No sodas should be included with lunch. Bottled water or juices are suggested
- Meals should be brought by the student when they come to school in the morning.
The lunch program is an all-inclusive, all you can eat program. Numerous menu options are available each day, with an emphasis on the availability of healthy options. Students that participate in the lunch program will have the monthly fee billed to their family’s account through FACTS. Charges for any breakfast items purchased will also be charged to the account and billed on a monthly basis.
Breakfast is available each day that school is in session from 7:00 am to 7:45 am, and is an a la carte program. The family FACTS account will be charged based on what is purchased each day.
After school care is available for all early childhood, lower, and middle school students until 6 p.m. In Episcopal's after school care, children in grades PK3 through 5 enjoy snacks, free time, and planned activities oriented to their grade level. Activities may include crafts, games, dramatic play, songs, and outside play.
Wildcat Club After School care is available Monday through Friday, beginning at school dismissal and ending at 6 p.m. The program runs throughout the school year, beginning on the first day of school.
For students in 6th grade and up, a supervised study hall is available from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Follow this link for the Wildcat Club Fee Schedule. For more information about the Wildcat Club, please contact Director Morgan Dlouhy at 501.372.1194 ext.2308.
The Episcopal Collegiate Community Handbook contains a wealth of information, and will answer many questions families may have about school policies and procedures. Information about dress codes, behavioral expectations, etc. are all contained in the handbooks.
Find a link to the Community Handbook here.
Head of School
Dr. David Perkinson
Lower School Office
501.372.1194 ext. 2301
Head of Lower School
Mrs. Catherine Schuhmacher
Assistant Head of Lower School
Mrs. Catherine Radtke
Lower School Admission
Mrs. Mary Jane Briggs
Middle School Office
501.372.1194 ext. 2464
Head of Middle School
Dr. Chuck McCormick
Middle School Office Manager
Mrs. Jan Britt
Middle & Upper School Admissions
Mrs. Kendall Ratcliff
501.372.1194 ext. 2463
Upper School Office
501.372.1194 ext. 2400
Head of Upper School
Mr. Troy Urquhart
Middle & Upper School Admissions
Mrs. Kendall Ratcliff
501.372.1194 ext. 2463
501.372.1194 ext. 2433
Mr. Monty Smith
501.372.1194, ext. 2306
Office of Institutional Advancement
Director of Institutional Advancement
Mr. Matt Radtke
Mrs. Angela Deloney
Director of Finance and Operations
Mr. Tom Charlton
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School - 9th and 10th Grade
- Upper School - 11th and 12th Grade
- Advanced Placement Courses
- The School will provide all supplies for Lower School students on the first day of school
- 6th Grade
- 7th Grade
- 8th Grade
- Bundle your school supplies through School Toolbox. Find the link to the sale flyer here.
Middle school planners/agendas will be included as part of the supply packs for all 6th grade students. They will be distributed in advisory the first week of school and billed directly to FACTS ($15).
Planners/agendas for 7th and 8th graders will be available in the Wildcat Warehouse, Episcopal's onsite store located in the Auxiliary Gymnasium
Course Guides & Selection
- Middle School Course of Study
- Course Selection-Incoming 6th Graders
- Course Selection-Incoming 7th Graders
- Course Selection-Incoming 8th Graders
- Upper School Course of Study
- Course Selection for Freshmen
- Course Selection for Sophomores
- Course Selection for Juniors
- Course Selection for Seniors
Course Selection Resources