*Please note, lunch procedures will be updated as health and safety planning for fall 2021 evolves.
Episcopal Collegiate School's dining program is managed by SAGE Dining Services. Participation in the program for the 2021-2022 school year is optional. Students will be enrolled in the program by default and families must notify the school if they elect for a student not to participate.A student may opt out of the program by providing written or email notification to Angela Deloney in the business office email@example.com
Students will eat lunch in small groups in classrooms or outside to allow for proper distancing. The details of the modifications to the lunch program are provided here.
Students not participating in the program should bring a lunch each day. Those meals are required to adhere to the following set of expectations:
- Parents are asked to provide well-balanced and nutritious lunches.
- Meals must be brought in a lunch box /sack lunch format.
- No glass containers or metal knives are allowed in lunch sacks or lunch boxes.
- No sodas should be included with lunch. Bottled water or juices are suggested
- Meals should be brought by the student when they come to school in the morning.
*Sage Dining services is subject to change due to school planning changes in regards to COVID-19.
Episcopal Collegiate School partners with SAGE Dining Services, Inc.® to provide real food: cooked from scratch, on-site, using locally-sourced ingredients. SAGE’s seasonal menus are custom designed for us, reflecting our students’ preferences as well as the fresh product available in the region. SAGE’s registered dietitians review and approve each menu to ensure it offers a wide variety of nutritious choices.
SAGE uses locally-sourced ingredients that are prepared fresh in our kitchen. There is no central commissary and few processed foods. Instead, SAGE hires talented chefs to produce meals the old fashioned way-- from scratch. Freshly made food tastes better, retains more nutrients, and is safer for the environment. All ingredients are free of transfats and MSG.
Here are some of the foods our students will enjoy each day:
- Freshly prepared soups and entrees, made from scratch;
- An extensive salad bar featuring a wide variety of fresh vegetables and toppings, as well as an array of dressings made from scratch;
- House-roasted and hand-sliced deli meats, as well as a variety of locally-baked breads;
- At least two fresh vegetables, as well as fresh cut fruit;
- A variety of beverages, including hormone-free/antibiotic-free milk, freshly-made spa water (flavored with freshly cut fruits and vegetables), lemonade and juices.