We are excited to have launched our new learning management system (LMS), Canvas! In this user friendly platform, students, parents, and teachers are able to seamlessly navigate schedules, assignments, grades, and more.
In the content below, you will find directions and instructional videos for how to best use this tool.
You can access Canvas login pages below, or on the Wildcat Community page.
Supporting your child through Canvas is simple and cohesive for the whole family!
Time to Talk | Access to course content gives you a unique window into what your child is learning in their courses. Use this opportunity to start carpool or dinner conversations with your child about their day.
Stay Organized | With access to the course calendar, you can assist your child in organizing and managing their time wisely. Help your child create a study calendar for an upcoming test, plan outside of class work time for a project, or manage homework time with extra-curricular activities.
Own Their Learning | With access to the gradebook, you will have an up to date report on how your child is performing in their courses. If you see a grade that concerns you, use that as an opportunity to talk with your child about their performance and encourage them to reach out to their teacher to set up a time to discuss their grade or receive extra assistance.
OBSERVERS IN CANVAS
As an Observer in Canvas parents have a daily snapshot of student learning interactions. This access gives you limited permissions that allow you to see what is going on in a course without participating.
- See the Calendar - Observers can see all Events and Assignments due on the Calendar, filter the calendar view by the different courses the student is enrolled in, and view undated events and assignments.
- See the Modules Page - Observers can see how a teacher has organized course content in Modules.
- View Course Announcements - Observers can view course announcements by clicking Announcements in the course navigation.
- Preview Documents in Course Pages - Observers can view documents in an online document previewer.
- See the Quizzes Page - Observers can see Quiz titles.
- See Canvas Grades - When clicking on Grades, Observers will see a list of the student's assignments and total grade.
- Submit Assignments
- Take Quizzes
- Join Course Groups
- See Course Discussions
- Send Messages to Students
- See Course Rosters
On the Dashboard view, observers will see
- A list of all of the courses they are observing.
- Upcoming course activities
- Access to view grades for courses they are observing.
Within a Canvas Course, observers will see
- The Global Navigation toolbar which helps observers get to where they want to go across all of Canvas courses.
- The Course Navigation toolbar which helps observers get to where they want to go within a Canvas course.
- The Sidebar which will allows observers to view the course activity stream, course notifications and upcoming activities for the course.
- The Help button which allows observers to ask for assistance from the Canvas Support Team.