Annual Fund FAQ
- 1. My family already pays tuition, why is a gift to the Episcopal Collegiate Annual Fund needed as well?
- 2. How does the Episcopal Collegiate Annual Fund benefit my child and my family?
- 3. You stress the need for a high level of participation in the Episcopal Collegiate Annual Fund, especially among parents.
- 4. How much of a difference can my gift make, really?
- 5. How much should my family contribute?
It is a reality not just at Episcopal Collegiate but at all independent schools; tuition alone cannot fund the entire cost of a private education. Because tuition only covers 68% of the school's operating costs, Episcopal is dependent upon unrestricted Annual Fund contributions to help close the gap between tuition and the true cost of an Episcopal Collegiate education each year. Your voluntary, tax-deductible support helps Episcopal address its highest priorities and immediate needs within the current school year's operating budget.
Your tax-deductible, unrestricted gift ensures that every Episcopal Collegiate student benefits from an exceptional educational experience beyond what tuition alone covers. The Annual Fund is essential to the school’s operating budget and the reason we are grateful for your participation.
- Ensure that faculty salaries remain competitive so that we can retain the finest teachers, coaches, and staff.
- They also work to provide professional development opportunities so that faculty and staff gain new knowledge and skills in their area of expertise.
- Provide the resources needed to sustain and enhance our high quality academic, arts and athletic programs.
High participation rates among members of the community are a vote of confidence - a sign that our parents and others invest in our students' future and support the school's mission. This percentage has a direct impact on gifts from outside sources such as grant-making foundations and capital donors. High rates of participation are required by foundations before they will consider our grant requests.
Even with the generosity of many, Episcopal Collegiate continues to have needs to ensure a dynamic learning environment. That's why we ask every member of the community - including our Board of Trustees, parents, faculty and staff, alumni, grandparents, parents of alumni, and friends - to make a yearly gift to the Annual Fund.
The culture of philanthropy at Episcopal Collegiate - both past and present - allows your child to benefit from an engaging educational experience within an intimately scaled, caring and diverse community where opportunities abound and meaningful relationships inspire transformative learning.